Friday | February 9, 2024
Format: In-Person Conference
Location: UW Horticulture Center, Seattle
CE Hours: 7.00 (with 3 Pharma Hours at the AP level included)
TBD: An option to follow in group livestream sessions and have in-person discussions at UW School of Nursing in Tacoma, WA.
This year’s program will focus on midwifery, sexual and reproductive health, and neonatal care. The clinical experts will present key health updates centering on reproductive justice, antiracism, diversity, equity, and inclusion. Teaching methods include video, PDF handouts, and case analysis.
For Midwives, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Doulas, Nursing Students, birthing care professionals, and other Healthcare Professionals who work in the community, in hospitals, ambulatory settings, urgent care clinics, and other healthcare settings that address sexual/reproductive health, midwifery, pregnancy, and birthing care.
- Appreciating the interdisciplinary cooperation between doulas and midwives from prenatal to postpartum care.
- Educating clients on building LBGTQ families, surrogate pregnancy, and nutrition.
- Managing complications as a consequence of abortion laws.
- Reducing stigma in integrating STD prevention and sexual health into routine practice.
- Participating in WA state MMRP Review Panel’s recommendations to reduce maternal mortality
Discount rates below are applicable for all registrations.
- Students = 50%
- Retirees = 25%
- UW SoN Faculty & Staff = 25%
There are several Hotels in the UW University District close to the venue: Silver Cloud Hotel, Graduate Hotel, and Residence Inn. There are many other options— look for lodging near UW Horticulture Center, Seattle to be in the area closest to the venue.